Space Marine Themed Army Ideas
White Tigers (Unbound Army List) by Kenton Kilgore
For many years, I've wanted to field a force using nothing but the "white tiger" figures in my enormous collection of Fighting Tigers of Veda.
What do I mean by "white tigers?" Well, if you're familiar
with my Marines and their color schemes, you'll know that some are
orange and black (what everyone thinks of when you say, "tiger"), some
are mustard yellow and brown, but some are white and black, and some
are white and brown. This army uses only those Marines whose
armor is white and either black or brown.
have not been able to field such an army before, using the figures I
have, because of the restrictions of the Force Organization Chart. I had toyed with the idea of using Codex: Blood Angels to represent such an army, but I prefer "vanilla" Space Marines. With the advent of the 7th Edition rules, and its allowances for Unbound armies, I can finally field my "White Tigers":
This army is 2655 points, and for you haters out there, all the figures are those unpossible female Space Marines
I pollute this game with. As you can see, it's HQ-heavy (four
Independent Characters) and uses some mondo-expensive units.
- Raja Khandar Madu. Space Marine Chapter Master w/ artificer armor, Iron Halo, jump pack, lightning claws, frag and krak grenades
- Kshatriya Jirbu Ghosh. Space Marine Captain w/ Iron Halo, plasma pistol, power axe, frag and krak grenades
- Chandramatie Bahl. Space Marine Librarian w/ bolt pistol, force sword, psychic hood, jump pack, frag and krak grenades
- Anhurada Chawla. Space Marine Chaplain w/ rosarius, crozius arcanum, Terminator armor, and storm bolter
- Squad Puchan, Jatis Mahaduyana. Veteran Scout Sergeant w/ combi-flamer and power fist; 9 Scouts w/ bolt pistol, combat blade, frag and krak grenades
- Squad Puchan, Jatis Ghuyarashtra. Veteran Scout Sergeant w/ combi-flamer and power fist; 9 Scouts w/ bolt pistol, combat blade, frag and krak grenades
- Squad Indra 2, Jatis Mahaduyana. Six Assault Terminators w/ lightning claws.
- Shiva the Destroyer.
Venerable Dreadnought w/ smoke launchers, searchlight,
Dreadnought close combat weapon, heavy flamer, assault cannon.
Mounted in Drop Pod
- Squad Kali, Jatis Mahaduyana. Veteran
Sergeant w/ bolt pistol, power fist; 9 Assault Marines w/ bolt pistol,
chainsword, frag and krak grenades; 2 have flamers
- Squad Kali, Jatis Ghuyarashtra.
Veteran Sergeant w/ bolt pistol, power fist; 9 Assault Marines w/
bolt pistol, chainsword, frag and krak grenades; 2 have flamers
- Kali Squadron 1. Three Attack Bikes w/ heavy bolters
- Kali Squadron 2. Three Attack Bikes w/ heavy bolters
- Kali Squadron 3. Three Attack Bikes w/ multi-meltas
- White Tiger. Land Raider w/ twin-linked heavy bolters and lascannons, smoke launchers, searchlight, and extra armor
- White Tiger II.
Land Raider Crusader w/ hurricane bolters, twin-linked assault
cannons, frag assault launchers, smoke launchers,
searchlight, storm bolter, multi-melta, extra armor
I haven't played it yet, but if I ever do, I imagine I'll
attach Khandar Madu and Chandramatie Bahl to the Assault Marines,
Anhurda Chawla to the Terminators, and have them drop in alongside
Shiva. Scouts would either Infiltrate or ride in Land Raiders.
Bikes would go up a flank.
Posted June 2014